We rely entirely upon volunteers to carry out our mission so we welcome any and all help you can provide our organization! To get started, fill out our volunteer application**.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Foster - this is by far our most urgent need. This involves opening your home to a dog that comes into our program and assisting with evaluating, caring for, and ultimately adopting out the dog. We provide all food, supplies, veterinary care and referrals to potential adopters. All we ask is that you take in the dog and get it ready for its forever home.
- Transport - includes moving dogs between shelters, surrendering homes, and fosters; helping fosters take dogs to vet appointments; taking dogs to their adoptive homes;
- Social Media/Website - writing updates on adopted dogs, maintaining listing of adoptable dogs, planning social media posts. Shopfy, Meta Business Suite & Canva experience a plus!!
- Community Events - represent the organization at local events for rescue organizations such as San Diego Humane Society Walk for Animals;
- Fundraising - expanding our network of supporters; presenting ideas for fundraising to the Board;
- Dog Evaluations - visit surrendering homes or shelters to assess sociability, health, and other key aspects of incoming dogs. Dog training/behavior experience (especially with Weimaraners/gun dogs) preferred.
- Home Inspections - visit potential foster/adopter homes to ensure suitability for owning a Weimaraner;
- ...and more! Let us know how you think you can help.
**Our insurance carrier requires proof of valid auto insurance and an acknowledgement of a release and waiver of liability for all of our volunteers (we are happy to discuss any concerns about either). There will be an opportunity to provide both of these as part of the volunteer application.